Monday, October 17, 2016

Symphony in the Gardens


The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday, so I am always excited to celebrate when it rolls around. This year I kicked off my Independence Day celebrations with the Symphony in the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. I went to a special dinner before hand with my parents, and it was fun to see so many of my old coworkers and to find out who of the old crew is still working with the company.


We had these adorable treat boxes on our chairs



The special guest this year was Michael Martin Murphey, a genuine old cowboy music artist. He was adamant that he was a cowboy music artist, NOT a country music artist. There is a difference. Mr. Murphey was so fun and had so many interesting stories to tell in between songs.



During intermission we broke into our treats:
Red Vines
Granola Bar
Homemade Popcorn 
Water bottle




Then it was time for the fireworks! I love fireworks, and there isn't anything better than listening to the Utah Symphony play Stars and Stripes Forever




No comments:

Post a Comment