Friday, May 29, 2015

Turtle Power



Little Sammy turned five this May!  He is growing up! To celebrate, Jenny and Mike threw him a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed birthday bash.  He is obsessed with TMNT at the moment, so he was stoked about his party, and I was too!

One time when I was little, I started to color myself dark green with a watermelon scented Mr. Scents marker. I totally believed that if I colored my entire body green, I would magically turn into a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, my parents wouldn't recognize me, and I wouldn't have to go to school.  It made complete sense to me.  I only got half way up my legs when my mom found me and made me take a bath, I was so upset that my plan got foiled!

So TMNT has a special place in my heart, I was so excited about this party!





Look at how fun the food for this party was!











James came to the party covered in marker, looks like he had the same idea as I did when I was little.  Great minds think alike.




Thomas was fascinated by feeling baby girl Madison kicking, it was pretty adorable.




James was busy baking up a storm in the play room while Sam was opening his presents.  Every few minutes, he would toddle out with some new baked good and his protective oven mit.




After presents it was time for the piñata!  This piñata was super cool, instead of taking turns hitting it, each kid got a chance to pull one of the strings tied to the back.  One lucky string pulled out the bottom, spilling all the candy.  A much safer alternative for a party piñata.




Look at this amazing cake Jenny made!  It's perfection!






Happiest of birthdays to you Sammy!  You are such a joy, and we always have so much fun when you are around!  Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment