Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Los Angeles


Our last stop on this sunny California trip was non other then the big city of L.A.  Our family used to travel to this area all the time when Karin and her family lived in South Pasadena, so I had visited all these places before, but it's always fun to revisit.

Our first stop was at the stunning Getty Museum.  I love this museum, the architecture alone is worth spending a few hours here to enjoy.  I never have enough time here to explore all the amazing courtyards and unique gardens.










Here are just a few of my favorite pieces that I saw on this visit to the Getty









Then we headed down to the classy part of town, Hollywood!  It was jam packed today!  But it is always exciting to see the stars and the hand and foot prints in front of the Grauman's Chinese Theater.  Last time I was at that theater, Harry Potter had just come out and I went to this theater to see it!







For lunch we headed down to the Original Farmers Market.  I got the BEST shake ever.  It was banana, chocolate and coffee flavoring topped with whipped cream.  It was a wonderful lunch.  I suggested my mom get one of these cute kitty donuts, I couldn't get one because of my gluten allergy but I also could not let us leave without getting one because they were so adorable!


And that was our last day.  We had a wonderful farewell dinner at our hotel, the exquisite Langham.  This was such a fun way to see the beautiful state of California.  


No comments:

Post a Comment