Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Birthday Extravaganza: I'm Officially 28!


The day after the party was my actual birthday.  To continue the celebration, we all went out for brunch at an adorable little family owned restaurant.  We all wore our mermaid jewelry to keep with our fun mermaid celebration theme.  When our food came out, my third "golden birthday fairy," Bethy, told us to close our eyes.  When we opened them all our food was dusted with edible gold star sprinkles, our drinks had gold striped straws and in the middle of my gluten free sausage and eggs breakfast was a golden mermaid holding a birthday candle for me to blow out!  That girl knows how to celebrate a theme!  It added such a fun and festive touch to our meal.





Our cute server brought out a special birthday flan on the house for us all to enjoy for dessert!



After breakfast we had to say goodbye to Bethy, she needed to get back in time to go to some classes.  Again, I am so unbelievably grateful she made the time to come to CA to help me celebrate my birthday, love you sis!

The rest of the day consisted of relaxing, taking naps, enjoying treats, and just soaking up our time together in California.  Before we started to get ready for dinner Laura gave me a birthday gift, I could not believe she got me a gift!  Just being there in California with me was the best present ever!  Along with some other things that I am super excited about, she gave me some Disney treats 

MICKEY MACAROONS!!!!! I did not know these existed, but now I crave them Every. Single. Day.  The raspberry one was my favorite, it was stuffed with real, whole, juicy raspberries.  I am not joking when I say it is one of the top three best things I have ever eaten in my life.  She also gave me a coconut Matterhorn macaron, which have been a favorite of mine ever since I discovered them when we spent 24 hours in the Disneyland for leap day in 2012.  To see pictures from that epic adventure, click HERE



The best part of her gift was this handmade golden birthday crown!!!  I loved it the instant I saw it, it is so my style and so perfect for the occasion.  Thank you Thank you Laura!!!!



Then we headed to my favorite restaurant in Disney for my birthday dinner!  I love southern food, New Orleans, live Jazz music, Mardi Gras and my southern sisters so it was the perfect night out at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.



I love these two beautiful sisters more then words can even begin to describe.  They are such fun, hilarious, selfless, giving, creative, talented, thoughtful, and loyal friends.  I have said it before and I will say it a million more, I am unbelievably grateful to have them in my life.



Shrimp and grits is my favorite southern meal, so it was a no brainer what to order for my special night out.








We HAD to order the bananas foster for a couple of reasons. first, they make it table side which is always fun, no matter what.  Second, bananas foster was invented in Ralph Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans, and I had the opportunity to eat there a couple years ago. 


After dinner we went to see The Book of Life, that cute new movie about the Day of the Dead.  It was so adorable, I loved it, especially the soundtrack.

Thank you a million times to all my wonderful "golden birthday fairies" who have made this birthday one I will remember for the rest of my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment