Monday, May 20, 2013

Bacchus - "Bacchus Sails The Seven Seas"




Our last parade of the trip was put on by the Krewe of Bacchus.  I think overall, this was my favorite parade, by this time we had learned the best ways to see a parade.  We watched this parade on St, Charles, in the stands, the best possible way to see any parade.  We were in the perfect location to catch throws and the stands made taking pictures soooo much easier.  Also, they have some AMAZING as well as some pretty fun floats.  The Krewe of Bacchus always parades on the Sunday before actual Fat Tuesday, Bacchus was founded in 1968 by Owen Brennan, Jr. as one of the first modern "superkrewes," defined by their size, spectacular floats, and celebrity riders. It is named for Bacchus, the Roman god of wine. It was fun to see some of their signature floats such as, the Bacchasaurus, a giant dinosaur; the Bacchawhoppa, an equally large whale; Bacchagator, an enormous alligator; and The Baccamore', a love themed float.  I got pictures of all of them! So, keep an eye for them, they really are spectacular! (I saw the Bacchagator at Mardi Gras World when I visited New Orleans the first time!  CLICK HERE to see my first glimpse at Mardi Gras, the place where it all started...  It was fun to see the famous gator in action!)
































It was a good parade for necklaces!  This might be the most I caught in a single parade!

We were starving after the parade, parading works up quite the appetite!  We walked over to Capdeville, we had tried to eat here our first night but it was closed so we were determined to fit it in somewhere on the trip, so we finally made it happen on the last night.  It was a fun place, I loved the chill, hip atmosphere and the food, oh my goodness, it was amazing!
We got some balsamic deviled eggs as an appetizer, best eggs I have ever eaten in my entire life.  They were smooth and tangy and just perfect all the way around.
I hadn't had any shrimp and grits on this trip yet, and I refuse to travel to New Orleans and not eat my favorite dish at least once.  I was in luck, they had it on their menu.  It was yummy, the grits were so so creamy and delicious.  However. Mr. B's still takes the cake on the BEST shrimp and grits in NOLA.  CLICK HERE to see pictures from my experience at that restaurant. 


For dessert, we tried their version of King Cake.  King Cake bread pudding style.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you it was delicious, it tasted just like churros!


Then it was time to go back to the hotel and start packing, I quickly realized getting all my throws back home might be a little more difficult then I thought ....

1 comment:

  1. I've loved looking through your New Orleans pictures. You got some awesome shots! I'm trying not to be too jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete