Monday, August 13, 2012

Exploring Downtown Skagway


After our awesome zip line adventure we went back to the boat to meet up with anyone else that was done with their excursion and was also heading into town.   Skagway definitely has the best town out of all three of the Alaskan "towns" that we visited.  It was so charming and beautiful!











This is quite the snow removal system, they told us that they still use it today!
I loved all of their 4th of July decorations






There were totems everywhere which the boys were excited about!



Our cute little bus driver told us about this little back ally rock shop, she said it is her favorite store in town and that if we were going to go shopping, we needed to go there.  It really was down the littlest ally and was teeny tiny, but it was definitely worth it.  The boys said it was their favorite stop of the day, Ben and Andrew got some pretty cool rocks.





The backyard was just so eclectic I had to document it!  Such a fun place


And here is what Thomas was busy doing while we were looking around the shop ...
Trying on some shades ...


Talkin' to his friends ....
Then we were back on the main drag looking for more totems ...
One of my favorite pictures ...


I loved the name of these two shops ...


Such classy architecture

Then it was time to go back to the dock and get ready for dinner on the ship



Tonight's dinner was at Parrot Cay, it was our first and only time for dinner in this restaurant.  It's really fun and festive!


It looked a lot like the Tiki Room at Disneyland
Tonight was salmon night, so I figured I better go along with it!  I got crab legs for an appetizer.  I had never had crab legs before,  I still don't understand what all the hype is about....
Then it was salmon for the main event!
and  mint ice cream sundae for a sweet ending.  Are those not the cutest sprinkles!  Love them!
Then it was time for one of Agung's challenges.  He set up this puzzle then told us to turn it into a 5 point star with only 1 touch.  This is the only puzzle the the Burton boys were not able to figure out themselves. 
After numerous failed attempts, he came and showed us how it was done.  One small drop of water, placed right in the middle makes the toothpicks move themselves into a 5 point star!  I was, and still am, totally intrigued by this trick!  I am saving this for when I need a magic trick!


How cute is this elephant.  It is so hard to choose, but I think he might be one of my favorite ones!

1 comment:

  1. Skagway was such a charming, colorful little town and you captured that charm in all your pictures. Amazing! I really need a copy of your pictures of our human totem poles! Thanks for entertaining chub at the rock store. You really got some cute pics of him! He loved hanging out with his aunties!

    ReplyDelete